The come back of Drive In Movies
The Drive In Movie Theatre has been with us since the beginning of movies in general. Naysayers thought they were a fad which wouldn’t last just like rock and roll music.
These days, due to the concept of social distancing, Drive-In theatres are making quite the come back! Some are providing not just the movies but other forms of entertainment as well, like the live concert series sweeping the nation at Drive-In’s in 2020 as a result of the pandemic.
Enjoy our list of Alabama Drive In Movie Theatres. Stay tuned, we are on a mission to share where you can find a drive in for all the deep southern states. See the Georgia list here.
Sand Mountain Twin Drive-In
10480 US Hwy 431 Boaz, Alabama 35956
Sand Mountain Twin Drive-In movie theatre is fully digital.
Watch 2 new movies
Great kitchen: Popcorn, candy and much more
Open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
411 Twin Drive In Theatre & Grill
300 County Rd 265 Centre, Al 35960
The 411 Twin Drive-In theater is open year-round, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Also open 7 nights a week from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
New release movies with 2 double features to choose from every Friday, Saturday,and Sunday.
Upgraded in 2008 to add a brand new concessions building and a second screen with the capacity to hold 400 cars. Family owned and operated.
Blue Moon Drive In Theatre
4690 US Highway 43 Gu-Win, Alabama 35563
The Blue Moon Drive-In is an outdoor theatre with two screens playing Double Features on each screen. FM Stereo sound transmitted to your cars radio. A concession stand is on site with food and drinks
LIVE CONCERTS in 2020. Check the site for dates, artists, times and ticket information.
“In-lot” Online Orders from the concession stand.
Quick & Simple! Place an Order, Make sure to leave your cell number where a text can be sent when the order is ready for pickup. Enter Snack Bar through left door and pick up your order at the “Online Order Pick” window.
Grand River Drive In
1453 Grand River Pkwy N
Leeds, Alabama 35094
The Grand Rive Drive In Movie Theatre is not just for movies. Enjoy movies under the stars with refreshments from The Snack Shack, an off-leash dog park for the furry friends, a playground for the kiddos, a mini-golf course and yard games.
Lawn chairs and laid-back attitudes welcome.
King Drive In
18480 Highway 43 Russellville, Alabama
The King Drive In is a family oriented drive in movie theater located just north of Russellville on Hwy 43 N.
Common Drive-In Movie Theatre Rules
- Please keep headlights & parking lights off during shows
- No outside food or drink
- Not responsible for accidents, theft or damage to property or persons
- If you exit, you must pay to re-enter
- Watch your children
- Walk-in charge $5.00 per person
- Speed limit 5 mph, strictly enforced
- No loud music or profanity
- Please take up only 1 parking place put chairs in front or behind vehicle
- No Rain Checks. Movies are shown rain or shine
- Must be prepared to show ticket to be scanned upon entry through driver’s side window if purchased online
- Lawn chairs or blankets are welcome but must sit inside your allocated parking space.
- Please observe local social distancing guidelines for the health and well being of all fans.
- No recreational activities such as Frisbee, baseball, or running is allowed.
- SOME LOCATIONS: No parking available for over-sized vehicles (i.e. large vans, buses, motor homes, etc).